Treating Infertility with a Combination of Physical Therapy and Acupuncturist.
In this episode of Colorado Fertility Conference, September talks with Jan Mead, a physical therapist, an acupuncturist, and the owner of Sacred Pathways Integrated Health. Jan shares how her journey with secondary infertility and finding a cure for it became a passion for helping other people.
She also shares how she combines her physical therapy background and acupuncture in treating fertility issues.
- The three major levels of evaluation when treating infertility with acupuncture and physical therapy for success.
- Jan explains how the problems with her pelvic floor caused her secondary infertility.
- The importance of physical therapy as a part of the postpartum program to repair the pelvis.
- A story of how emotional stress and fear caused secondary infertility and how Jan worked with the patient.
Key Questions Discussed in the Episode:
- [1:02] How does Jan integrate physical therapy and acupuncturist treatments while working with both men and women?
- [6:27] How to explain unexplained infertility?
- [8:34] Does the pelvic realignment have an effect before and after birth?
- [13:30] Is secondary infertility caused by pelvis problems that arise during previous births?
- [15:39] What are other issues that cause infertility other than pelvic problems?
- [20:22] What are the emotional issues that may cause infertility?
- [25:22] Would Jan recommend for couples to write down their negative emotions that might be hindering them from having a child?
- [26:49] What type of couples is Jan looking to work with?
- [31:58] Does she offer less-intensive workshops?
- [33:41] Are there any exercises that she would recommend to women to realign their pelvis at home?
About the Guest:
Jan Mead is a physical therapist and an acupuncturist who owns the Sacred Pathways Integrated Health Center. She struggled with secondary infertility after having her first child and only got pregnant again at 42 years. This only after attending a retreat that used the combination of acupuncture and physical therapy. She fell in love with the process after that and decided to help other people reach their dreams of having children. Jan also teaches people the elements of Chinese Medicine System in her yoga program.